If you have Lower Back Pain, you have inflammation. If you have inflammation, your body is probably acidic.
Reducing Inflammation is the best way to get lower back pain relief. The more your inflammation increases the more your back pain increases.
In this article I will be going over the following:
- PH Balance & Lower Back Pain – what a low ph balance can cause.
- Acidosis (Too Much Acid) – How & why acidosis eats away at your bones
- 4 Alternatives to Reduce Inflammation – Stay away from the 3 P’s
- Herbal Remedies for Inflammation
Inflammation, PH Balance & Lower Back Pain
It’s so important to keep you body at a PH Balance of around 7.35. The lower you PH Balance is, the more acidic your body is. When your body is acidic (acidosis), it prevents your Back from healing. It also inflames your joints and can cause your cartilage to erode. Along with that, it can cause the following:
- Severe bone loss
- Bone fracture
- Joint pain
- Block your body from absorbing vitamins
- Degenerative diseases
Not doing anything about your Inflammation or acidity can also lead to the diseases in the photo above.
The following is why it is SO IMPORTANT to keep you PH Balance around 7.35. When your body is acidic, your body immediately starts to neutralize the acid. It does this by leaching calcium, magnesium, potassium & sodium from your bones.
In time the acid will slowly eat away at your bones causing them to eventually fracture. I’m sure you’ve heard of people having hip fractures or fracturing a vertebra in their spine causing SEVER BACK PAIN. I fractured a vertebra in my spine & following a Alkaline diet sure has helped me.
Acidity also strips your body of important minerals. It also promotes thiner bones, lower muscle mass and BACK PAIN.
4 ALTERNATIVES TO REDUCE INFLAMMATION IN YOUR BACK:
Every little bit helps. Start with your diet. Make sure the right foods & drinks are included in your diet & notice the difference.
1. Alkaline Diet & The Three P’s
The rule of thumb I follow is staying away from the 3 P’s as much as I can. The 3 P’s are Processed, Packaged & Prepared foods. These foods are usually acidic & will increase inflammation in your back. No, you don’t have to eliminate them completely.
Try to stay away from the following foods as much as possible. I’m just going to name the top acidic foods in each group.
Meat – Beef, Pork or Veal
Dairy – Pasteurized milk, Processed cheese or cream
Drinks - Beer, Black tea, or Hard liquor
Condiments: Mustard, Soy sauce, or vinigar
Oils – Butter, Flax oil, or Hemp seed oil
Spices: Anything with MSG in it, Nutmeg, or table salt
Sweets: Artificial sweeteners, Dark chocolate, White sugar
Vegetables: Corn, lentils & Winter squash
Fruits: Blueberries, Cranberries Mandarin oranges
2. HERBAL REMEDIES FOR INFLAMMATION
FISH OIL - A great all around inflammatory reducer – has an abundance of EPA & DHA (potent anti-inflammatory) - Dosage: 2,000 mg a day
- GINGER TEA - Helps to stop the inflammation of blood vessels and eases the pain of muscle aches.
- PROTEOLYTIC ENZYMES - They reduce pain, inflammation & swelling. They also help to heal the body. Click, Natural Pain Relief for one of the best Proteolytic Enzymes on the market. (1st bottle free — you just pay shipping & handling)
3. COOKING OILS TO DECREASE INFLAMMATION:
- Coconut Oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
Some of the common foods that cause inflammation are chips, crackers, cookies and processed foods. The reason being, they’re high in omega 6 fatty acids. Also, quite often the wheat they use has been genetically-modified which causes major health problems.
4. EXERCISES FOR BACK PAIN & TO REDUCE INFLAMATION:
The two exercises for back pain that have helped my lower back the most are:
- Yoga - stops muscles from tightening up, reducing back pain - strengthens stomach and back muscles - increases blood flow
- Walking - promotes bone density – strengthens most major organs in the body - boosts immune system
For more lower back pain remedies, read my article on, 5 Steps To Relieve Back Pain.
When it comes to lower back pain, every little bit helps. The more you Decrease the foods & liquids that cause Inflammation, the less your Back Pain will be. The more you follow an Anti-inflammatory diet, the quicker your body will heal.